October 30, 2014
Hy-Vee’s Cash for Students has started. Please save your receipts and bring to Donna in the office.
Students who requested PSEO classes at IWCC for Spring 2015 need to see Mrs. Bode-Steinke as soon as possible to select classes and get their paperwork.
The following colleges will be in School Counseling. Please get a pass from Renee or Mrs. Bode-Steinke to take advantage of this great opportunity to talk with a representative one on one or in a small group.
Today, Simpson College, which is a private college affiliated with the United Methodist Church and located in Indianola, Iowa, will be in School Counseling at 10:00. Simpson has almost 1,900 students, including some of our recent graduates who are also on their athletic teams.
Midland University, which is a private college affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church and located in Fremont, Nebraska, will be School Counseling at 1:30. Midland has approximately 1,125 students and is about an hour's drive from CB.
Attention seniors who work for HyVee: You are eligible to apply for a $1,000 scholarship. See Mrs. Bode-Steinke to get the paper application. You would have to work A LOT of part-time hours to earn a thousand dollars. The deadline for applying is February 10, 2015.
The Council Bluffs Rotary also has a $1,000 scholarship open to ALL seniors. The deadline for applying is Thursday, December 19, 2015. Again, see Mrs. Bode-Steinke to get the paper application.
COMEDY TONIGHT TEAM: Please check your emails or texts for today’s rehearsal plan. ALL LINES ARE DUE TODAY WITH NO MORE CALLING FOR LINES. Please review your lines and rough spots to ensure that today runs smoothly for one and all. Although our steps forward yesterday were small, we did move forward. Remember, progress not perfection. Let’s make it a great rehearsal.
On early out Wednesdays, there will be tutors available in the library from 12:30-1:30. Any student that would like some extra help from a group of helpful high school students is welcome to attend. You will need to have your own transportation home. This is a great opportunity for extra help!
Please sign up with Mrs. McComas in the guidance office if you plan to stay.
Anime Club will meet from 3:00-4:30 today after school.
Attention students who have successfully completed American Sign Language 1 at ISD: If you would like to enroll in ASL2 in Trimester 2, send Mrs. Bode-Steinke an email so she can meet with you to see if it can be worked in to your schedule. There are only a few spots left.
Tickets are now on sale for this year’s fall plays COMEDY TONIGHT. Come watch some of LCs best and brightest as they perform three short plays. See the bulletin for a description of the shows. If you like laughing and sampling new things, this show is for you. There’s some farce, some parody, some satire and some serio-comedy.
- THE SCHEME OF THE DRIFTLESS SHIFTER parodies Ekalaka, Wisconsin’s small group of not-so-talented actors as they gather together to perform an audience participation melodrama. If it can go wrong, it does…
- AN ACTOR’S NIGHTMARE looks at the life of George, a pretty boring and hum-drum accountant who finds himself backstage at a Broadway show…the stage manager hugs him and lets him know that he will have to go on that night. The problem? He doesn’t know any of the lines for NOT the one play that he must perform in BUT the three plays that he must perform in. They include a Noel Coward play, HAMLET, an experimental play by Becket and the execution scene in A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS. Poor George does his comic best to make things work. What happens is hilarious.
- AND TALKING WITH… We meet an actress auditioning for the live audience, we sneak backstage and meet another actress who is getting ready to go on, a female rodeo performer and a gentle, lovable bag lady.
Buy your tickets from members of the cast or in the principal’s office. Save two bucks by buying your tickets early.
There will be a meeting for any girl interested in going out for basketball this year in Coach Archer’s room 309 today right after school. If you cannot attend, please see Coach Archer as soon as possible.
The COMEDY TONIGHT TEAM will rehearse from 3:00-6:00 PM today in the auditorium. Please remember that “on time is early.” Please bring your ticket packets with you as we will be updating the ticket audit sheets.
- We will also be doing COSTUME PARADE PART II tomorrow for all of the non-rented costumes tomorrow. Once again, we will do this for non-rented costumes only tomorrow and we’ll do it in shifts.
- Today…please do warmups from 2:55-3:05. Then run “problem areas” for lines.
- 3:10-3:25—AUDITION with Olivia Overholtzer. DRIFTLESS will watch with McG. NIGHTMARE will continue rehearsing. SHIFT CAPTAINS will watch. PROGRAM—Print rough Greek for review. DIRECTING/PRODUCTION: work in Drama South.
- 3:25-3:40—RODEO with Hayley Dunlop. NIGHTMARE will watch with McG. DRIFTLESS will continue rehearsing. SHIFT CAPTAINS will watch. PROGRAM—Acknowledgements and title page. DIRECTING/PRODUCTION: work in Drama South.
- 3:45-4:45—DRIFTLESS SHIFTER. Directing Team and McG watch. NIGHTMARE rehearses with Heckman in Drama South. PROGRAM—Write/revise fake bios. DIRECTING/PRODUCTION: work in Drama South.
- 4:50-5:50—ACTOR’S NIGHTMARE. Directing Team and McG watch. SHIFTER rehearses with Heckman in Drama South. SHIFT CAPTAINS will watch. PROGRAM—American Education Week page. Parent Committee update. DIRECTING/PRODUCTION: work in Drama South.