Lewis Central Schools Library Mission Statement
In cooperation with staff and administration, the goal of the library program is to create students who are self-directed life-long learners. We will assist them as they become aware, practice, and master information-seeking and processing skills. The teacher librarian serves as the bridge between technology and information.
If you haven't stopped down to check out the recent changes, please do. Are you looking for a quiet and comfy place to study? If so, we have you covered with updated seating areas and all day access including before and after school. Group project time? Come down with your group and take advantage of the table space and resources at your fingertips.
Hey, if it's a recharge you need, we can provide that with multiple plug ins and even a coffee station with regular and seasonal flavors. You can purchase a cup of coffee, tea, cappuccino, apple cider, or hot chocolate for just $1! If you want to save yourself a quarter, and the environment at the same time, bring in your own reusable coffee mug with a lid. So come down and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere, study, or play a board game with a friend.
Once again the state of Iowa is providing free access to various online databases for all students. Some changes are made every year, but they include databases for current events, country and state information, downloadable sounds and songs, etc. These databases are excellent resources for research and the creation of digital projects.
To use these databases, see Mr. Frascht or Mrs. Blum for the user name and password.
- How many books can I check out at one time?
- How long may I keep a book?
- What if I need longer than three weeks to read the book?
- Do I have to bring the book to the library to renew it?
- Is there a fine if I don't get my books returned or renewed in time?
- If I find a book title I want in Destiny but it is located at another school in our district, is there a way to borrow it?
- Can I make recommendations for books to be purchased for our library?
- When I search for books, I sometimes see icons for ebooks. What are ebooks?
- What is the user name and password for using Iowa AEA Online databases?
- How much does the coffee cost and when can I purchase a cup?
- What areas of the library are you allowed to have coffee/food?